miércoles, 27 de abril de 2022

High jump and long jump assessment

 Shared by Sara Fernández:

I use this activity with students of 4º ESO, to do a peer-to-peer assessment either with high jump or long jump. I use both activities inside de didactic unit of Athletics.

In addition to the specific equipment, the students need a mobile phone or a tablet. In my case, I use the school tablets.

The students receive the cards and tablets, they must read the QR codes of the first slide, where they can find the information about the right technique. They can practice the jump as many times as they need, focusing each attempt in one or two aspects of the “ideal jump”.

The teacher is always giving feedback, they do not work by themselves during all the lesson.

On the rubric, they have to write down the height and mark (10, 6 or 3) the phases of the jump.

In addition to that, the second part of this activity is related to the cognitive aspect of the discipline. In this case, the QR code leads them to an article in Spanish. There are two reasons. First, my school is line 1, so we have bilingual and non-bilingual students in the same class. On the other hand, I understand that using English 100% of the lesson’s time could be really challenging for them, so time to time I use the combination of both languages.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

BRITISH TRADITIONAL GAMES

Shared by Silvia García: The cross curricular project for 3ºESO that I have created involves Physical Education, Music, Arts and Crafts, Tec...